Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation


As promised in the last blog post, here's the review of the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation. Here's to more product reviews soon! 🍻



If you've known me for a long time, you'd know that foundations are not entirely my thing. I rarely use foundation, that's why it is such a waste to buy one. I'm more of the BB Cream or powder kinda gal and no matter how much I love make up, I couldnn't get myself to wear foundation on a day-to-day basis. I only wear foundation on special occasions like attending parties, weddings or any other important event or on a Sunday if I'm feeling a little extra.

I have this general notion that foundations are heavy on the skin and would just cake on me or I'd become too oily since my skin type is combination to oily. It is also difficult to find the right shade for me since my undertone is olive but most of those shade do not really match me well. They'd match my face alright but my face would be a totally different shade than my neck and chest which does not look good.

Also, most good foundations are pretty expensive and I surely do not want to spend money on something I'll rarely use. A few weeks ago, my mom took us shopping and I just had to buy make up since it has been a while since my last purchase. I have been a long-time Maybelline girl and  have also been hearing about the Matte + Poreless non stop from the beauty gurus I follow as well as from my sister. I decided to get one and got the shade 220, which I had swatched on my jawline a week prior. #prepared haha!



I tried it once I got home just to see how it applies and blends. I was surprised of the coverage and how buildable it was. Even though I layered on areas I had blemishes, it did not feel nor looked cakey. It was breatheable and dries quickly. It blended well on top of the initial layer of the foundation. The texture on the face is like powder. It also looked natural on the skin.


Under natural light. It looks so flawless! 

I tried it a few times more just to check if it is indeed a good color match in natural lighting because inside the mall and in my room, it matched perfectly. I also had to test it's wear this Sunday. I felt a little extra so I tried this foundation and I also wanted to check if it'll oxidize on me since it was a little humid that day and I had been moving and sweating. Fortunately, it did not oxidize and kept my face matte for quite a while. It does not have any claims of being a long lasting foundation but I am happy with its staying power, nonetheless.

In their website, they said the foundation is a perfect fit for normal or oily skin. I can only attest for oily skin, since my skin type is combination to oily. I would agree that it's a product fit for the said skin type. It somehow controlled the production of oil on my face. It also said to even out complexion, which I think is true. It evens out your complexion and though the finish is matte, it does make your skin look healthy.

A healthy looking skin! 

I really love this foundation from the first time I tried it on my face! It has now become my new favorite foundation and has dethroned another Maybelline foundation, the Super Mineral 24 Healthy Long Lasting Foundation.

Here are my final thoughts:

PROS:
✽ Blendable and breatheable
✽ Medium but buildable coverage
✽ 40 super saturated shades (based on their website)
✽ Does not oxidize
✽ Evens skintone, controls oil
✽ Looks natural and healthy
✽ Affordable (Php 399.00 or almost US$ 8.00; US$ 1= Php 50.36)

Please note though:
✽ No pump hence a little difficult to control how much product comes out of the bottle but I'm willing to let this pass. 😊

How about you, have you tried the Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation? What are your thoughts about it? Please let me know.


Until next time,
L



Comments

Popular Posts