January 2015 Favorites

Happy New Year, everyone!


January has passed by so quickly but I am so happy to be back blogging again. I've been busy during the holidays plus I got sick. Right now, I've been well and have been enjoying the new year. Although I have to admit I've been a little lazy with my skincare and have had less sleep that's why my skin hated me this month.  LOL 

I actually have a 2014 Beauty Favorites to post, but you know... procrastination. LOL I actually prepared it last month but I never got to finish it; so I'm publishing this one now. Although this is actually a little late since it's already February... hehe *wink*

My facial scrub. PS I'm using the photo from another post because it looks dirty now.  ;)
Okay, first of all I will just start with my forever favorite facial scrub, my St. Ive's Green Tea Scrub. It has helped cleared my skin so much. I haven't really had  a decent sleep since the holidays and this has helped me immensely. It also get rids of my blemishes slowly but surely. I am about to finish my third bottle and I love it and will definitely repurchase once I run out. I truly recommend trying this one out.


For makeup, I have quite a few. I might be redundant here as you might see some of  these products on my 2014 Beauty Favorites but I have kept using these in January and still am loving them.




First one are my current favorites, the NYX soft matte lip cream in Amsterdam and Prague. OMG you guys, first time these products touched my lips it was LOVE!!! I have a problem with lipsticks that are not matte because most of them bleed (well, except for my MAC Red) so this NYX soft matte lip cream is the best option for me. These lip creams, being matte is a big factor for me. I love the colors, too! Amsterdam is quite red-orange and Prague is a little plum-ish pink. I love wearing them even if I'm not wearing any makeup at all. Another plus point is they smell so good too!


Look at those colors! L-O-V-E! 

Here's a close-up of the palette. 

For eyeshadows, I have this Beauty Treats matte palette that I really love. Most of my eyeshadows are quite metallic and glittery. It's also difficult to find matte shadows where I'm from so finding this palette is such a huge surprise for me and it was just meant to be because it was the last one left. I love the colors, especially the neutral ones. I have yet to try and play with the colorful ones but I still love this palette no matter what.



Another makeup that I absolutely love and cannot live without daily is my eyebrow pencil from The Face Shop, Style My Brow in 01 Gray Brown. I have used this product before and I repurchased twice last year. I had to go back using this because I had my hair lightened a bit and this just makes my eyebrows look so natural.


This gel liner ccomes with its own brush. 


Still for the eyes, another favorite is my LA Girl gel liner in very black. Most of my eyeliners are either in pencil or liquid form. I have never experimented with gel liners because I was quite scared trying them out. For Christmas, my husband got this for me and I have been wearing it on days I have makeup on and I love it. It comes with its own brush for precise application.



This powder has its own brush and a fairly-sized mirror. 

The last makeup product on my favorites list is my Revlon Photoready Powder in Fair/Light. I got this on sale together with a Photoready foundation. I love the powder because it has a little sheen due to the tiny reflects on it. Aside from making my skin look bright and fresh, it also gives it a little glow. I have been using it daily since I got it.

The last couple of products are for my hair. I am the tyoe of person who does not really care much about my hair. I have no problem with any kind or brand of shampoo and/or conditioner (well... except Suave, makes my hair brittle and frizzy).

Hair Care: Dove Dry Shampoo and Vitress Heat Protect Cuticle Coat

Late last year, I have quite experimented with different hairstyles and I have been using Vitress Heat Protect Cuticle Coat prior to curling or straightenging my hair. Its like an oil for your hair and it has a nice smell; it also makes the hair smooth after coating the hair. You also do not need a lot to cover most of your hair. I usually use it on the tips of my hair or anywhere I would usually use to curl.

Last hair product is my Dove Dry Shampoo. When I bought this, I was just thinking of trying it out. I did not really have any expectation at all. The first few times I used it, I was kind of disappointed since it still made my hair oily. I later realized that maybe it was because I used it on my hair being unwashed for less than 24 hours. This month though, the weather has been so cool and at times really cold especially in the morning. I wouldn't wash my hair for 2-3 days and just used this dry shampoo and surprisingly it worked on me.

Sling bag from Primadonna

Back view. I love bags with a small zipped compartment at the back. 


For my "fashion" favorites, I only have 2 products that I really have been loving. The first one would have to be my black sling bag that I got from Primadonna. I have been looking for quite a while for a black sling bag, that I can either use casually or "formally". I have been loving and using it DAILY. I cannot exaggerte that enough. LOL It's actually just very simple. It's a zipped bag, with a few compartments and a zipped back which I really love. I fricking love this bag! Gaaaaah!!!



Last product would have to be my Charles and Kieth shoes that my mom got me for my birthday! I haven't actually used it yet becuase I am quite "overprotective" over it still.  hehe  It is beautiful and it's not that tall. It's a beautiful pastel-ish taupe/blush color and I am IN LOOOOVVVEEEE!!!!



I am throwing in a random favorite, which is a mug that I have been using nonstop. I will not drink from other glasses, mugs, whatever- only this. I got this from the supermarket for fifty pesos (P50.00). I like the light blue color and the size it just holds the perfect amount of beverage.

So that is all for my favorites this January 2015. Let me know, what have you been loving this January?


See you next time!

xx,
L

Comments

Popular Posts