My Current Skincare Routine

Hello guys!

Today, I will be sharing my current skincare routine with you. Skincare is very personal, so what works for me might not work for you and vice versa. I have combination to oily skin and I have been testing different products on my face to see which ones would work well with my skin type. Most of the time, they end up hurting my face a.k.a they break me out.

When I was a teenager, mostly in high school, I was exclusively using Pond's. I was just using a regular facial wash or sometimes a facial scrub. In college, I began to experiment with different brands and type and function. Around 3 years ago, I mainly use just Celeteque products. I've recently changed up the products I'm using and I'll go over them one by one.

These are all the products I use for my skincare.
Before I go over the products one by one, I'll just list off the steps of my daily skin care routine (day & night):

*Morning*

- Wash my face
- Use an alcohol-free toner
- Put on moisturizer
- Apply lip balm

*Night time*

- Wipe makeup off with makeup wipes
- Clean face with a skin cleanser
- Wash face with facial scrub
- Use an alcohol-free toner
- Massage under eyes with brightening roll on
- Put on moisturizer
- Apply lip balm

Now on to the products!



Make-up Remover:

I used to have a Celeteque cleansing oil but I haven't repurchased since my 2nd bottle. So I bought a cleanser that takes off my make up really well, even when they're waterproof. What I actually do is I use the makeup remover wipes first, just to get rid of the makeup that's on the surface of my skin and follow through with the cleanser for thorough cleaning/cleansing. I actually love this combination and it has helped so much in clearing my skin.



Facial Wash/ Scrub:

I am not really acne prone but I hate having breakouts. I have loved using Celeteque facial scrub for a long time before alternating it with a Defensil anti-pimple soap. They do minimize the breakouts however I find that they do not necessarily prevent the breakouts from happening. I stumbled upon the St. Ives Green Tea scrub at the supermarket once and decided to try it. After using it for a few days, I saw a big difference and I was so impressed. Whenever there's a pimple about to appear or show on my face, it doesn't really develop.. if that makes sense. It has also helped my blemishes since most of the time my blemishes tend to take long in getting lighter or from disappearing from my face. This is actually perfect for acne-prone skin, but it could also work for combination to oily skin.



Toner:

The first toner I've ever tried is the Celeteque Toner and has worked for me immensely. I got the Nivea Mattifying Toner a week ago. As I've previously mentioned, my skin type is combination to oily so I wanted to try basically anything that's going to make my face matte or less shiny. So when I found this Nivea Mattifying Toner in the department store, I did not hesitate to buy it. It's actually worth it because on first swipe, you could actually see that it strips dirt off the surface of the skin and it leaves the skin so soft. Plus points for this toner because it smells so good; it actually smells like the regular Nivea cream, and I like it. In addition, my face is less shiny even when I put on my moisturizer and I love that. So if you have combination to oily skin like me and want to try products that'll minimize the shine, go give this Nivea Mattifying toner a try.



Eye Cream/ Undereye Product:

I used to have this eye cream that I got from the department store and it was okay, it worked just fine. I stopped using it for a few months since I got super lazy. However, I really wanted to get something that's going to do wonders on my undereye area since I have bad undereye circles ever since elementary school. I remember my grandmother would tell me, whenever she comes home from the States, to put concealer under my eyes because they're too puffy and dark. I didn't listen because I was young (pree-teen) and didn't really care about proper skincare or makeup for that matter. A couple of months ago, during one grocery trip with my mom, I got the Garnier brightening eye roll on. I haven't actually read or heard any reviews about it, it was just I wanted to test it out. I have tried it once or twice in college but never really bothered with it. I have been using it for 2 months, and it has somehow "lightened" my undereye area and I look more awake now even without concealer. I am still on the hunt though for a good eye cream.



Moisturizer:

For moisturizer, I have used a few products before my current one which is the St. Ive's Collagen Elastin Moisturizer. I have tried Olay, Celeteque Water-based moisturizer, Celeteque Sun Care Matte Moisturizer, and a bunch of Korean made products before actually settling for my current one. I am still on the hunt for a moisturizer that's perfect for my skin type but until then, I'll be using the St. Ive's Collagen Elastin moisturizer. What I like about it is that it doesn't leave my skin greasy and it doesn't have a harsh smell. It also kind of hydrates my skin and bring back the moisture that's been stripped off after all the intense cleansing. Even though I do get oily, putting on moisturizer is still a must for me because it helps my skin feel soft and look young. Also, I feel incomplete if I do not use a moisturizer at all. A little hydration/moisture is a must!


Lip Balm/conditioner/moisturizer:

For my lips, I have been using the Kaloderma Olive lip balm for quite some time. However, I recently broke the product so a lot if it went to waste. *insert tears* Since then, I have been using the Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue. It is very minty and strong but it does hydrate the lips and I have been enjoying it so far.

Source


There are also times when I feel so fancy and I throw in a couple more products just to rejuvenate or deeply cleanse and moisturize my skin. The first product would be the iWhite Nose Pack. I use this once a week or once every two weeks after washing my face, depending on how lazy I am or not. Hehe! I have been using this nose pack for quite a while now and I love it. It does remove the blackheads and leaves the nose soft and smooth. This does sting a bit but it's worth it.



The second product that I occasionally use is a face mask. Most of my face masks are from The Face Shop, and I also have a couple of wash off face mask that I got from the supermarket that are made in Korea. I use this after washing/ cleansing my face. I do not really have a favorite as I do not use face masks that often. I also do not have a "standard" for it- I just want something that's going to hydrate or moisturize my skin.

This is what I actually have at home. Photo Source



Over all, there are a few things you need to consider for your skincare:

1. Know your skintype- Do not just use a product because someone famous is endorsing and recommending it. Always remember that skincare is personal, so what works for other people may or may not work for you. You also have to remember that you need to find products that will work well with your skin and not ruin it. If you're not sure what your skintype is, try booking an appointment with a dermatologist. After all, seeking professional help for a specific problem/ concern is the best option.

2. Set a budget- Skincare is a daily undertaking and some effective skincare products are expensive. So set a budget that works best for you. There are a lot of affordable products out there that might be the solution for your skin-related woes. So keep searching. It's not all about the brand.

3. Do not be lazy- I, for one, can be lazy most of the time. However, I do set aside time for my skincare. So should you. You'll thank your younger self when you're old. Getting wrinkles et al is inevitable, yet you can delay the process if you start caring for your skin ASAP. Be the embodiment of "ageing gracefully".

That is all for my skin care, I hope you found it helpful. Please leave me a comment on your favorite skincare product, or let me know if you have tried the products I mentioned. Until then!

xx,
L

Comments

Popular Posts