Saizen Mini-Haul (Cosmetics) and Review.

Hi there, Readers! :)


It has been a while since I last updated this blog. Now I have a lot of time in my hands so here I am now. *wink* Last Sunday, my husband and I had a sidetrip to Saizen before going to Church. If you live in the Philippines (I'm not aware if other countries have Saizen), you're already aware what Saizen looks like or what it feels to walk into the store.

Photo grabbed from: http://www.itsberyllicious.com/2012/04/saizen-daiso-philippines-shopping-spree.html

Saizen by Daiso Japan is a very affordable one-stop shop. It's like your grocery (they have packed food, etc), home store (for kitchenwares), department store (clothes, pens, paper, etc), beauty store in one. I'm not sure about the prices but here in Iloilo it's 88 php for everything. Some branches are at 85php for everything. The items also vary per branch. I haveonly  been to 2 branches (Trinoma and Robinson's Place Iloilo). In Trinoma, they have a lot of products for the beauty junkies out there: rows of nail polish, Powder, mascara, eyeliner eyeshadows, blush, lipsticks, etc! Ever since I walked into the Trinoma branch, it has been my happy place that's why I am delighted that they decided to open here in Iloilo.

(Having a lack of focus sometimes can be bad so I'm sorry I have no photos of my shopping spree or the Saizen branch here in Iloilo ;P)

A beauty junkie's heaven. Photo grabbed from: http://www.ensogo.com.ph/products/saizen-170gc-03082012.html

Now on to my mini-haul! :)

I only got 6 beauty products since I was holding back a little bit because we went there to get some stuff for our house and not for my beauty loot! *Hehe* I got 2 eyeshadow palettes, 2 blush duos, a black mascara and a brow pencil. 

Aaahhh! Happiness! ;)

I LOVE MAKEUP!

Before the swatches can I just say, the retractable brow pencil is amazing! I love it. I've tried it already and it glides on smoothly and it has a spooly too so plus points from me.

Now, on to the swatches:

 First on the list is this Glitter Eyeshadow Palette. I'm not a really big fan of glitter but I do like the colors. When I swatched the leftmost color, it seemed a bit "chalky" or powdery to me but I'm very forgiving so I didn't count it much of a con to this palette. The colors on this palette are gorgeous; pigmentation is okay too.
Glitter Eyeshadow

The palette comes with a small mirror and an applicator.


Swatches are from leftmost of the palette to the rightmost. 

Another eye palette is next. Its shimmery but not too much. I also like the color combination on this palette. It's very fresh, very young. Consistency is very good- not chalky and no perfumed smell which I really like. Pigmentation is good. For its price, it's truly worth having in your vanity kit. Must-buy/ must-have.

Beautiful Quad

Comes with a double-ended applicator.

Swatches follow the collor placement on the palette.


Next are two duo blushes. I also have another two duo blushes from Saizen but they're a bit different- in packaging and color selection. I also noticed with their duo blushes, they have both a shimmery blush and a semi-matte blush. Pigmentation and color combination are good. Something worth a try!


Princess Duo Color Cheek

This is in the shade Peach.
Peach still has a tinge of pink. 
To your right is the shade Strawberry.

Strawberry is a very light pink shade with a little shimmer.

Next on the list is one of my favorites as well. It's the retractable Eyebrow Pencil in Brown. Most of my eyebrow pencils are in blonde or brunette because they are not too harsh when I use them. This eyebrow pencil is a light brown shade and is super easy to use! It is not that creamy yet it glides on smootly. Very manageable, if you ask me. So worth buying/having. 


It comes with its own spooly.

Has a thinner end for manageable strokes.

This eyebrow pencil has good pigmentation as well.

Last product I got is a Volumizing Mascara in Black. I still have my Freshian Volumizing mascara from The Face Shop as well as the Magnum Volum' Express mascara from Maybelline and the question would be why I bought another mascara of the same color (black) and purpose (volume). Well the answer is this, I am too scared to try other colored mascaras (yes, even browns) and I love big bold lashes. Also, I am just starting to learn how to put on flase eyelashes which I was terrified of using! *Haha!* Out of all the products, this is the only one I have not tried on today but I will surely give my review on it soon enough. 

Princess Volume Mascara




 So that is all for my mini-haul and review. I've talked about this on my youtube channel (larrainebee). I will be uploading the video soon so if you wanna know the other items I got from Saizen, go check my channel and subscribe if you want to see more make-up related videos! :) 







Comments

Popular Posts